2.15.2005

First Day-Long Shoot

Sorry I’ve gotten a little behind in the updates! Last week they filmed just Jacob and Pappy scenes, which means I had a little time off of shooting. Unfortunately, that also means that I don’t have any exciting stories to share with you. HOWEVER, I have asked Jeremy to e-mail me a post or two, so you may be getting some cool stories from him via me.

My vacation from filming ended abruptly this past weekend, when we shot the Big Wheel Regalia– perhaps one of the coolest scenes of the movie– all day Saturday. "All day" meaning awake at six (in the morning!), meet at six thirty, on location and running through the first shot by seven thirty, and wrapping at four thirty. It was long and ridiculously fun...well, when I wasn’t freezing cold or half asleep! I have some sweet-candy bruises from wiping out on my big wheel– "war wounds," if you will. I’m rather proud of them. I also got a little color on my face and some chapped lips, from both the sun and the wind. Needless to say, many chapstick and/or Napoleon Dynamite references were made towards the end of the day... "But my lips hurt real bad!" *smile*

The camaraderie within the cast is really beginning to evidence itself, even though Saturday was the first time we were together in one scene. What was REALLY funny was that it was the first time Lucas Bentley (who plays Jacob’s suitmate Mario) met Holly Hatlo, who is playing this girlfriend Joan! That made for some good jokes throughout the day... But anyways, we had so much fun bonding and getting to know each other’s quirks. There’s this crazy scene before the race where we’re pumping up the drivers, and we huddled up and it just flowed. We were joking around and cracking each other up between takes– Jeff found it hard to quiet us down sometimes! I am definitely looking forward to working with them more and building the relationships between us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home